Monday, July 2, 2012

Cheesy awesomeness yum!!

Ok so I just had one of those cook what you have in the cabinet and fridge days and I ended up with homemade tomato sauce and delicious meatballs with Parmesan and mozzerella cheese YUMMERS!!!

so this blog is so that I can remember what the heck I did lol
ok The Sauce I had 1 large tomato and I cubed it ( I tossed most of the mushy parts) and then I sliced up1/4 of a onion, 1/3 of a red pepper and 1/3 of a green pepper all of these were chopped in a mini food processor and then I added 1 whole can of tomato paste and water and I let it bubble and I added basil (A LOT) and garlic flakes, black pepper freshly grated and some salt


Meatballs
I had some grass feed beef 2 eggs and cumin (A LOT) and onion powder black pepper and some Ritz crackers that i crumbled up... then I mixed and made them into ball shapes and I poured a lot of Worcestershire sauce and a little soy sauce on them and I baked them for 15-20 minutes in a glass pan with foil covering it then I drained the sauce out  and added strips of mozzarella on each one and then I added the sauce on top and the rest of the mozzarella on top of that and bake a little to get a little melting cheese action and then add the Parmesan and bake until Parmesan turns brown
* I had about .35lbs of mozzarella... 1lb of beef

the meatballs are very cumin-y but the sauce and cheese go perfectly with it yum i feel like a genius lol
as you can see I ate first and then I was like WHAT WHAT I need to write this down

No comments:

Post a Comment